CARENAVIGATE PATIENT ADVOCATE SERVICES
- Communicate, clarify, collaborate and liaison with providers re: needs, preferences and concerns
- Research treatment options, specialists, programs and services
- Assist with care coordination and transition of care medical services between hospital, home, outpatient and the community settings
- Assist with the development of a personalized care plan
- Assist with preparation of questions before appointments and communicate your priorities
- Provide educational materials from credible sources, regarding your condition, medications and treatment to improve your health literacy
- Create a care binder and organize medical records
- Document provider communications for you and provide a written summary
- Clarify, review and confirm your understanding of the plan with you and your providers
- Inform you of your patient rights
- Make inquiries with insurer as your authorized representative regarding benefit coverage and research questionable bills, review insurer plan benefit coverage summaries and Explaination of Benefits.
- Masshealth (Medicaid) and private insurance navigation, application assistance and inquiries
- Research patient assistance programs which can provide financial assistance with the cost of treatment, copays and care for any uncovered costs
- SSI/SSDI (Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Income) application assistance, review of eligibility requirements and documentation needs
- Identify vendors and programs who can assist with accessibility needs for home modifications, transportation and medical equipment
- Provide referral information on disability financial accounts creation for financing of disability needs
- Mass. Department of Developmental Services child and adult navigation, application assistance, review of eligibility requirements and documentation needs
- Masshealth (Medicaid) disability product application assistance
- Research social, recreational, housing, basic needs, financial assistance, transportation and community support programs
- Research patient and charity foundations who can assist with needs and write request letter
- Connect with community based organizations, state agencies and programs which can provide an additional level of service support based on your individual needs
- Identify patient online and in person support groups for emotional support specific to your condition
- Connect to and research behavioral health outpatient and inpatient treatment programs, and community support programs
- Research behavioral health coverage and contracted providers
- Assist with access applications to state and local organizations which specialize in behavioral health services
- Assist with special education school navigation of service eligibility and access for children, teens and young adults with disabilities and complex medical conditions
- Review IEP, 504 accommodation plans and Individual Health Plans. Make recommendations for improvements
- Make recommendations for referrals to providers, programs and outside agencies which can assist with in and out of school services
- Assist with care transitions from hospital to school or school to hospital
- Review college accommodation plans and liaison with college disability services regarding needs
- Make recommendations to outside providers, programs or agencies which can provide an additional level of service support
CareNavigate Client Process
- Initial Free Consultation
- Initial free 20-30 minute free phone or video consultation to determine how CareNavigate can help you with your needs, listen to your concerns and determine if there is a match to move forward.
- Assessment Intake:
- The purpose of the assessment intake meeting is to determine the scope of services and expected outcomes of services. A client agreement is sent prior to the assessment intake.
- If it is determined that CareNavigate can help with your needs, the next step would be to agree to a paid professional intake assessment meeting to gather more information regarding the details of your situation. Immediate and long term needs, concerns, and goals are discussed.
- Needs are prioritized and next steps are developed with your input.
- Action Service Plan:
- A written recommendation personalized action service plan summary report is developed with your input and tailored to your goals and needs.
- Followup Meeting:
- A followup meeting is scheduled with you to discuss, review and approve the developed action service plan report.
Self-Advocacy Solution Plan:
- You can take the self- advocacy solution action service plan and execute the plan yourself. This is part of the assessment intake and can be considered as a stand alone service plan.
CareNavigate Connect Advocacy Plan:
- Hire and continue with CareNavigate Connect Consulting Advocacy Services and the action service plan will be implemented on your behalf.
- CareNavigate Connect Advocacy Services:
- If you agree with the recommended action service plan summary report and want to move forward and hire CareNavigate Connect Advocacy Services, a client agreement is sent and the plan would be implemented on your behalf.
- Credit card, online bank payment and check are accepted. A online payment link will be provided to you. Carenavigate services are not covered by insurance.