CARENAVIGATE PATIENT ADVOCATE SERVICES
- Communicate, clarify, collaborate and liaison with providers re: needs, preferences and concerns
- Research treatment options, specialists, programs and services
- Assist with care coordination and transition of care medical services between hospital, home, outpatient and the community settings
- Assist with the development of a personalized care plan
- Assist with preparation of questions before appointments and communicate your priorities
- Provide educational materials from credible sources, regarding your condition, medications and treatment to improve your health literacy
- Create a care binder and organize medical records
- Document provider communications for you and provide a written summary
- Clarify, review and confirm your understanding of the plan with you and your providers
- Inform you of your patient rights
- Make inquiries with insurer as your authorized representative regarding benefit coverage and research questionable bills, review insurer plan benefit coverage summaries and Explanation of Benefits. Assist with selection of insurance options.
- Masshealth (Medicaid) and private insurance navigation, application assistance and inquiries
- Research patient assistance programs which can provide financial assistance with the cost of treatment, copays and care for any uncovered costs
- SSI/SSDI (Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Income) application assistance, review of eligibility requirements and documentation needs
- Identify vendors and programs who can assist with accessibility needs for home modifications, transportation and medical equipment
- Provide referral information on disability financial accounts creation for financing of disability needs
- Mass. Department of Developmental Services child and adult navigation, application assistance, review of eligibility requirements and documentation needs
- Masshealth (Medicaid) disability product application assistance
- Research social, recreational, housing, basic needs, financial assistance, transportation and community support programs
- Research patient and charity foundations who can assist with needs and write request letter
- Connect with community based organizations, state agencies and programs which can provide an additional level of service support based on your individual needs
- Identify patient online and in person support groups for emotional support specific to your condition
- Connect to and research behavioral health outpatient and inpatient treatment programs, and community support programs
- Research behavioral health coverage and contracted providers
- Assist with access applications to state and local organizations which specialize in behavioral health services
- Assist with special education school navigation of service eligibility and access for children, teens and young adults with disabilities and complex medical conditions
- Review IEP, 504 accommodation plans and Individual Health Plans. Make recommendations for improvements
- Make recommendations for referrals to providers, programs and outside agencies which can assist with in and out of school services
- Assist with care transitions from hospital to school or school to hospital
- Review college accommodation plans and liaison with college disability services regarding needs
- Make recommendations to outside providers, programs or agencies which can provide an additional level of service support
CareNavigate Client Process
- Initial Free Consultation
- Initial free 20-30 minute free phone or video consultation to determine how CareNavigate can help you with your needs, listen to your concerns and determine if there is a match to move forward.
- Assessment Intake:
- The purpose of the assessment intake meeting is to determine the scope of services and expected outcomes of services. A client agreement is sent prior to the assessment intake.
- If it is determined that CareNavigate can help with your needs, the next step would be to agree to a paid professional intake assessment meeting to gather more information regarding the details of your situation. Immediate and long term needs, concerns, and goals are discussed.
- Needs are prioritized and next steps are developed with your input.
- Action Service Plan:
- A written recommendation personalized action service plan summary report is developed with your input and tailored to your goals and needs.
- Followup Meeting:
- A followup meeting is scheduled with you to discuss, review and approve the developed action service plan report.
Self-Advocacy Solution Plan:
- You can take the self- advocacy solution action service plan and execute the plan yourself. This is part of the assessment intake and can be considered as a stand alone service plan.
CareNavigate Connect Advocacy Plan:
- Hire and continue with CareNavigate Connect Consulting Advocacy Services and the action service plan will be implemented on your behalf.
- CareNavigate Connect Advocacy Services:
- If you agree with the recommended action service plan summary report and want to move forward and hire CareNavigate Connect Advocacy Services, a client agreement is sent and the plan would be implemented on your behalf.
- Credit card, online bank payment and check are accepted. A online payment link will be provided to you. Carenavigate services are not covered by insurance.