WHAT IS A PATIENT ADVOCATE?
A patient advocate is someone who provides patients and caregivers with information, resources and support so that he or she is better prepared to make informed decisions regarding their care path.
A better prepared and informed patient has a higher chance of achieving improved health and well being.
THE PATIENT'S ROLE:
It’s your role to focus your energy, strength and time on your treatment and recovery. Having someone by your side during a health crisis will give you peace of mind knowing that someone will assist you with sorting out the details with the navigation of your care journey.
Peace of mind is essential to the body’s recovery.
WHY HIRE A PATIENT ADVOCATE?
- An independent advocate has an allegiance to you and is responsive and takes action to make things happen without delay. Time is of the essence when it comes to accessing your health needs so that health status does not decline.
MOVE YOU FORWARD
- Helps to move you forward by collaboration, coordination and choice so that you can have a voice and understand each stage of the care path.
- Path to a personalized clear plan
- Break down barriers
- You will have peace of mind with someone by your side and a support system is so important for your recovery and resilience.
- Lessens stress from dealing with all the paperwork and phone calls involved in the business of healthcare
PLAN A STRATEGY
- When you can’t think straight, an advocate helps to assist with the formulation of a care plan roadmap and provide clarity around confusion or miscommunications.
- The hardest part of doing what’s right, is knowing what right is.
- A patient advocate provides one stop shopping for your care needs.
SITUATIONS CARENAVIGATE CAN HELP:
- When an advocate is lacking, there is a risk of undesirable outcomes
- Are you busy with work and trying to get through your treatments?
- You don’t have time to be a patient advocate, care coordinator, detective and caregiver?
- Do you feel the system is unresponsive to your needs?
- Dealing with multiple specialists, multiple tests, multiple systems? information confusing?
- A family member is hospitalized and not getting answers?
- Waiting for a plan of direction but there is no plan of action, in limbo, waiting for answers?
- Are you a caregiver who is juggling too much with providing care for a loved one?
- No clear information on what options are available?
- Your loved one is in another state and you cannot be present to manage medical care?